CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pirate Ship Cake

My little boy loves Jake and The Never Land Pirates.  He told me for months he wanted a Bucky Ship for his birthday cake. I was dreading this one, but it turned out not being so bad after all.  Oh, and I must say, he LOVED it!





  • 3 cake boxes
  • Butter Cream frosting
  • Chocolate Butter cream frosting
  • White chocolate chips
  • Wafer cookies
  • Tootsie rolls
  • Pirouettes cookies
  • Gram cracker
  • Fruit roll-ups
  • Whoppers
  • food coloring
  • Jake and The Never Land Pirate figurines from Disney store (one of his birthday gifts)
    I baked 2 chocolate cake mixes in my large cake pan.  I then cooked two round ones and one in a can out of the other cake mix. 
 My large cake pan made exactly 3 rectangle pieses that were the same size.  I layerd the 3, using frosting like glue between each layer, and then cut into the shpe I wanted.  I then placed the cake out of the can on a foam block in the front and shaped it to look like the front of the 'Bucky' ship. 

 
Frost with a thin layer of frosting and place in the freezer for an hour. 
Take out and frost both cakes.  Then decotate.  I put my bag of tootsie rolls in the sun so they were nice and soft.  This made it easy to shape the railing on the deck, the bell and the ladder.  I then shaped a fruit roll-up for the slide.  I cut a wafer cookie for the windows and the door.  Frosted a gram cracker for the back.  I piped the yellow buttercream frosting around the edge.  I frosted the whole cardboard piece with blue frosting using a frosting knife, making it look like waves.  I then but half a Pirouette cookie in the front of the ship and piped an anchor on the side.  Used a skewer stick and a piece of paper for the sail.
I couldn't find the mini striped cookies for the life rafts on the side, so I cut a larger one down.

I crushed some gram crackers and sprinkled on the little Island to make it look like sand. (Do this before you frost the water)
I melted white chocolate and added green food coloring.  I then spooned it on a spoon covered with wax paper and shaped it into a leaf.  Once they were hard, I place three together and placed a glob of melted chocolate in the middle and held a Pirouette cookie in it until it hardened.  Placed 2 palm trees in the cake and placed Whoppers around the bottom to make it look like fallen coconuts.

Once every thing is decorated, place in freezer for a few hours. 
 


1 comment: