CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 15, 2013

Monster Truck Cake

So this didn't turn out like I had it pictured in my head...My husband says it looks more like a rally car, but Durant loved it and that's all that matters right! 
  • 3 Cake boxes
  • Gram Crackers
  • Peanut Butter
  • Butter cream Frosting
    • 1 cup butter
    • 3-4 cups powdered sugar
    • 1 TBS vanilla extract
    • up to 4 TBS milk
    • Beat butter in mixing bowl.  Gradually add sugar then add vanilla and 2 TBS milk.  You can add more sugar or milk depending on the consistency you like your frosting.
I baked 2 9x13 cakes and 1 8x8 cake and 4 small bunt pan cakes.  Then I cut the cakes down so they weren't so wide and added a piece I cut off for the angle of the windshield.  I put the cake on blocks covered with foil.  I then stuck wooden skewer sticks in to hold it all together and then put it in the freezer for a few hours.  I took it out and put 1 layer of frosting on and put back in the freezer for 20 min. I then frosted and decorated the cake using cake piping tools. For this cake I used only the butter cream frosting to decorate.  I put gram crackers covered in peanut butter with gold sprinkles to look like piles of dirt the truck was going over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment